We have been watching horror movies this past week, and to tell you the truth I’m really glad we’re moving to chick flicks next week for a change. Goodness knows what continued horror movie watching can do to the mind of an already crazy girl. Hee hee. I’ve watched a lot of chick flicks in my time, but there are still a lot of good ones that I haven’t seen, so I am making this list for reference:
- Dirty Dancing. I haven’t seen this despite numerous recommendations from friends. What drove me over the edge? I saw that it’s the movie’s 25th anniversary already. That’s enough reason, I think.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Another classic that I haven’t watched yet. No time like the present, right?
- The Family Stone. We have been enthralled by Rachel McAdams, so why not watch another film which stars one of our favorite Canadian actresses?
- Sleeping with the Enemy. We haven’t seen a Julia Roberts movie in a while, so we thought to choose this thriller to mix in with the romantic comedies.
- Practical Magic. Roberts is in this list, why shouldn’t Kidman and Bullock be in here as well?
- Sliding Doors. This is the first time I heard of this movie, and I’m definitely intrigued by the plot. This will most probably be the first we’ll watch.
- Finding Mr. Destiny. It has Gong Yoo in it. Need I say more?
- Failure to Launch. Although it rated low on Rotten Tomatoes, I will still watch it if only for Zooey Deschanel’s appearance in the movie.
- Romy And Michele’s High School Reunion. Lisa Kudrow FTW!
- Just Friends. Time to see Ryan Reynolds in an ungorgeous character (at least at the beginning of the film).
Wow. That’s just ten movies. I might do a part two when I find the time, or another movie genre, to make things more interesting. We just saw The Five-Year Engagement earlier starring Jason Segel and Emily Blunt, and it was so goood! You. Must. Watch. It. I especially liked the Winton Childs character. He was just brilliant. The rest of the cast was awesome, as well.
How about you? Do you have a chick flick that you want to watch that’s not on the list? Care to share what it is?