If you’re not blessed in the chest department like I am, don’t waste your time despairing over the unfairness of it all. Neither should you rush to get mammoplasty surgery at a cosmetic surgery clinic or any other type of cosmetic breast enhancement. Instead, try these 6 top tips for enhancing your cleavage and making the best of what you’ve got.
- Get a well-fitting bra. A bra which doesn’t fit properly can ruin your silhouette, as well as being uncomfortable. It can even give you the effect of a breast reduction, when what you want is the opposite effect. Get properly measured for your bra and choose one which suits your shape and body type.
- Try a push-up bra. Every woman should own a good quality push-up bra for those special occasions. A good push-up bra will not only be padded on the bottom and the sides (never the top) of the cup and lightly lined, but it will also have straps which cross at the back to pull your boobs together.
- Bra fillers. This classic cleavage-enhancing cheat has been used by women for years, but it is important to choose fillers that look natural, are comfortable to wear and gently boost your cleavage.
- Cleavage contouring makeup. Bronzer and other types of cosmetics can be used to create the illusion of a bigger and more beautiful cleavage. Use it wisely and practice a lot before you leave the house, however, as inexpertly applied cleavage contouring makeup can look absolutely terrible.
- Exfoliation and sun protection. To get a gorgeous cleavage, you need to have gorgeous skin. Take care of your skin by using a good exfoliation scrub and moisturiser on your chest. Just as importantly, remember to keep your cleavage, collarbone and neck well protected from the sun by using a SPF sunscreen, keeping covered up and staying in the shade as much as possible.
- Optical illusion clothes. The clothes you wear can make a huge difference to the appearance of your cleavage. Choose dresses with sweetheart necklines, slight V-necks, and ruffles and tiers around the neckline to enhance your cleavage. Avoid clothes with flat, horizontal necklines and dart details at the sides of the chest, as these can flatten cleavage considerably.